my favorite toddler’s favorite robe
Hi, friends! I’m in the midst of trying to conquer that most coveted of sewing projects, the Plain T Shirt (make note: I am belittling my own sewing skills here. The T shirt might just conquer me first. Heck, it might even make me call it a Tee Shirt just out of respect).
But for now I thought I’d share this fun little project. My Gracie loves her robe, and I was pleased enough with the simplicity of this one to think it might merit an hour or so of your time too!
A few notes:
1) Strongly directional prints (like mine!) aren’t great, since this robe is designed to use a folded 60″ piece of material. Then again, my girl loves her frogs so nobody minds.
2) I used one of the ultra cuddle prints from JoAnn’s and was delighted both at the ease of sewing (hemming is so simple! Just turn under twice and use a slight zig zag to secure!) and how well it is washing and wearing.
3) There is no provision for a closure in the instructions. I didn’t want a tie for a toddler, although you might try velcro.
4) Consider yourself alerted to the fact that I prefer tutorials with a lot of room for personal interpretation, so this one is pretty bare bones. That said, it is also quite simple so I feel confident you be fine.
5) Downloading this PDF indicates your agreement to use it only for personal use. Make nice with the blog and the blog will make nice with you.
6) Let me know how it goes! I’d love to hear from you.
front view, closed
on my willing model, with the hood up